warcraft-source wcs no-steam

All other Source.Python topics and issues.
cut-magic

Postby cut-magic » Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:52 pm

I would like to be able to offer the no-steam user the possibility of using races or earning points even temporarily or of linking the data to the player's ip because when a no-steam user types wcs many menus are even gray if there are temporary fake steam ids which it would be nice to be able to do at least as with a bot because it is possible to put a race to a bot

you will tell me that it is not good to bring in pirated players but know that the community is large compared to legal games, some have lost the steam passwords of another stolen steam account and do not want to repay another account closed for disputes that led to insults and threats force steam to close accounts
Kami
Global Moderator

Re: warcraft-source wcs no-steam

Postby Kami » Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:51 pm

cut-magic wrote:you will tell me that it is not good to bring in pirated players but know that the community is large compared to legal games, some have lost the steam passwords of another stolen steam account and do not want to repay another account closed for disputes that led to insults and threats force steam to close accounts

You are right, there will be no support here for pirated versions of the game.

I think it's not even just about the moral aspect but I guess it could also lead to problems for the forum if there were discussions/support for illegaly obtained versions.
cut-magic

Postby cut-magic » Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:32 pm

it's a shame the crack communities are large and attract even more players even if there are not many there are countries that are inaccessible from steam
DeaD_EyE

Postby DeaD_EyE » Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:01 am

I guess the Cracked Versions are some versions behind the SDK. To make it work with a pirated version, there is additional work required. As a rule, all developers react in the same way. I could never observe that even one developer of plugins tended to support pirated versions. This was for Mani Admin Plugin, Metamod, SourceMod and Eventscripts the same.

Return to “General Discussion”