D&D 5e CSGO

Release your plugins here!
arawra

D&D 5e CSGO

Postby arawra » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:06 pm

D&D 5e! Inspired by Jeff's old mod, this is a brand new mod based around Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition. The new wiki can be found here: http://dndcsgo.com/

Note: this is a WORK IN PROGRESS

http://github.com/xxauroraxx/dnd5e
Server Hosting The mod
Address: 68.232.160.229 Port: 23010

In D&D, players choose a combination of a Race and a Class. New players start as the default Race "Human" and the default Class "Fighter."
A Race is a species, like Human or Orc. A Class is a profession, such as Sorcerer or Fighter. You may be any combination of Race and any Class.
Killing enemies, rescuing hostages, planting the bomb, and defusing the bomb results in the player obtaining experience for their current Class.
Players start out as Level 1 for every class (Fighter, Cleric, Sorcerer, Rogue). To Level Up a Class the player must earn enough experience to meet or exceed the total required and then obtain a kill. To view how much experience is needed type !menu and select 6 for your personal stats.
It takes 1000 experience to go from Level 1 to Level 2, 2000 to go from Level 2 to Level 3, and so on.
Certain classes can only use certain weapons. For instance, a Wizard can not use an AK or AWP. The class with the least restrictions on it is the Fighter, and Sorcerer is the most.

Current Implemented Classes: Fighter, Rogue, Cleric, Sorcerer
Current Implemented Races: ALL

Commands
You can type these in to access the mod's features
menu - Opens the main menu
playerinfo - Shows you your own stats
mana - Shows your current mana
spells - Opens your spellbook

Spells
There are many in the game. If you can use them, you will get messages in your chat when you spawn. To use your spells, you will have to bind them, then press the key you have bound to in order to use them.

For example, a Sorcerer can cast a Fireball. They would need to do something like this:

Code: Select all

bind mouse4 "!cast Fireball"

Because Fireball doesn't need a specific target, it will create an explosion where the person is looking and do damage accordingly.
Example of Fireball being cast:

Saves
Each Class excels at resisting certain things. They all will have a "good save" which indicates this. For example, Rogues have a good Dexterity save. Players that find themselves hit by a Fireball will make an automatic save to reduce some of the damage. A Fireball uses the Dexterity save to reduce damage. Because Rogues have a good Dexterity save, they are more likely to resist some of the damage.

There are Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Intelligence, Will, and Charisma saves.

TODO:
Major bug testing
Implement unlockable classes

FINISHED:
Finish normal races

Future Phases:
Custom Monser classes/races for BOTS
Gold and Magic Item system

Last and certainly not least, I want to thank everyone on the forums. This mod would not be in its current state without the Source-Python community.
Last edited by arawra on Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:57 am, edited 6 times in total.
VinciT

Re: D&D 5e CSGO

Postby VinciT » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:47 am

Nice! I'll probably hop on the server tomorrow if I have time. I really dig the blade barrier effect you've made - very cool stuff. :grin:
While skimming through your code, I noticed you left in some testing/debugging code within the player_say event - should probably remove that.

Either way, I can't wait to give it a try! I'll probably pick the sorcerer. :tongue:
ImageImageImageImageImage
arawra

Postby arawra » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:31 am

VinciT wrote:I really dig the blade barrier effect you've made - very cool stuff. :grin:

I just want to say, I ^&Y*FSE* love trig :vomit:
arawra

Postby arawra » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:40 am

Update 1.2.0

All base races now have a benefit (none have any detriment other than opportunity cost)
arawra

Postby arawra » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:14 am

Update 1.3.0

Developed a RESTful API to be able to post player information to remote servers. Embedded `requests` site-package to be able to make remote calls to the API.
cs_mcfly

Postby cs_mcfly » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:17 am

Very well done :)

Thanks again and looking forward to more updates :cool:

Return to “Plugin Releases”