TF2 Windows SP Crash

All other Source.Python topics and issues.
Rob123

TF2 Windows SP Crash

Postby Rob123 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:50 am

A recent TF2 update has caused SP to crash windows servers on loading. However, this does not seem to happen on Debian servers. Unfortunately I've got limited knowledge on how to debug this, and I can't find a lot of info for the crash. Below is a picture of the server right before it crashes:

The attachment ss+(2014-09-27+at+08.50.56).jpg is no longer available

I've tried the following:
- Removed all SP plugins - still crashes
- Verified with friend on windows that it crashes for them as well
- Renamed source-python folder in tf/addons/, SP does not load and server no longer crashes
- Compiled latest version from repo against hl2sdk branch for TF2 with windows server - still crashes
- Used same compiled version on a Debian server - no longer crashes
EDIT: Through trial and error, it seems like source-python/Python3/plat-win/python34.dll is where it first starts crashing the server, as opposed to just failing to load SP. Not sure if this has significance.

I can't seem to find any specific logs or further details about the crash, hopefully I've missed something. Otherwise I'd appreciate any help in getting SP back up and running.
Attachments
ss+(2014-09-27+at+08.50.56).jpg
satoon101
Project Leader

Postby satoon101 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:00 pm

After a different recent update broke ES on TF2, I did test and SP was not causing any crash. I noticed that they just had another update, and retested, and now I indeed do crash. We will investigate this and figure out what is causing it. Thank you for reporting.

On another note, the first reported crashing caused me to test TF2, which is currently not supported by any of our data. During the testing, I found a few errors that we have been discussing privately how to fix. So, hopefully, very soon, you will be able to at least load the plugin on a server for a game that we don't support in the data.
Rob123

Postby Rob123 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:20 pm

Thank you for the reply. I appreciate you guys putting the extra effort into supporting TF2, despite what is probably a smaller user base for python scripting.
satoon101
Project Leader

Postby satoon101 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:25 am

I was working on trying to debug this tonight, when I noticed that the SDK had 4 reverted commits yesterday. I decided to test the current css build to see if it worked, and it did. Then, I noticed that TF2 had an update yesterday, as well. Could you test again with the current build to verify that it works for you?
Rob123

Postby Rob123 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:44 am

Yep that's working now. Thanks!

Return to “General Discussion”